- A British Overseas Territory with its own Parliament, Constitution, Government & laws.
- The only British European financial centre that is a full member of the European Union.
- Exempt from Value Added Tax
- Access to the European Union’s financial services markets.
- A competitive low-tax European location with strong telecommunications infrastructure and a high quality services tradition.
- Ideally situated close to Spain and Portugal and a mere hop from Africa. Frequent daily flights from Gibraltar airport provide the bridge to and from the United Kingdom. Malaga and Jerez airports, in the south of Spain, are only an hour’s drive from Gibraltar and they provide regular flights to many international destinations.
- A well-regulated finance centre that has received a series of ringing endorsements from international regulatory bodies.
- Traditional strengths in banking, insurance and asset-holding activities for corporate and private investors.
- A growing centre for investment services, funds and trusts.